Last night was Emma's preschool graduation party. After it was over I had this horrible vision of the future, where I compare the preschool graduation photos with the high school or college graduation photos. It made me a little weepy. I've always had a tendency to be pre-nostalgic, and last night was no exception, but as everyone with children going into kindergarten will tell you, I really can't believe my little girl is starting kindergarten soon. Next, you know, it will be sleepovers and best friends and boys and the times when mom and dad are embarrassing rather than cool...but my hope is that she will grow up to be good person, make wise choices, see things in their proper perspective...that she will grow up to be a gamma girl.
6.12.2009
Preschool Graduation
Last night was Emma's preschool graduation party. After it was over I had this horrible vision of the future, where I compare the preschool graduation photos with the high school or college graduation photos. It made me a little weepy. I've always had a tendency to be pre-nostalgic, and last night was no exception, but as everyone with children going into kindergarten will tell you, I really can't believe my little girl is starting kindergarten soon. Next, you know, it will be sleepovers and best friends and boys and the times when mom and dad are embarrassing rather than cool...but my hope is that she will grow up to be good person, make wise choices, see things in their proper perspective...that she will grow up to be a gamma girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love the new blog, it is very cute and so is that picture of you and Jenn! That article about Gamma Girls is great. It is what I am trying to still achieve in my life - being good at something and fitting in my own skin. If ever I have a better I could not wish for more than that for her!
ReplyDelete