12.14.2009

Adventures in Breastfeeding

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Okay, I'll tell you right now that there may be a little TMI in this post, but I have to get some of these thoughts off my chest (lol...no pun intended).


Breastfeeding is a struggle for me. I only breastfed Emma for a month before I became impatient and gave up. I just felt it was too time consuming. And I'll admit, I'm a selfish person, and breastfeeding is really a selfless act, and thus, the struggle.


BUT...the whole selfish trait has been somewhat beneficial this time around. I'm just plain old too lazy to a) get up and make a bottle, and, b) clean those bottles.


The only reason it has been a struggle is because I would just rather be doing something else. I don't buy into the whole breastfed versus bottle-fed debate, the same way I don't buy into the debate on stay at home versus working mom debate. You do whatever is best for you and your child. It's that simple and therefore there is no debate. I've never had any kind of issues with pain or latching or whatever other problems one might encounter. I am just selfish with my time.


And so, I've been breastfeeding Abby and supplementing with formula randomly. She gets both and it's great. I pump and store when I can, and it all works out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment