A Campout and A Blessing...a belated post
We had a wonderful family weekend a couple weeks ago and I've only just now had the chance to sit down and post about it. We were able to join my extended Jukes family up at Donner Lake for the afternoon and evening during the annual family camping trip. We're not really campers, but we had so much fun despite a rough start (I had the wrong campground information, which took us an hour in another direction), if we are still nearby this time next year we hope to be able to make a longer stay, possibly even overnight. The weekend was even more sweet because it was the first Sunday of August and we had the opportunity to perform Abigail's Baby Blessing at church and my awesome family came to the rescue to be a part of it, even though it meant they would have to clean up and get in church clothes in the middle of their camping trip. It meant so much to me. Especially those that attended that didn't need to help perform the blessing, the fact that they came just to support me and my little family means more to me than I can explain. It really was an incredible weekend and I will remember it fondly. I am truly grateful for being blessed with so many special people in my life. There's no better friend than a cousin and no better substitute for a mom than an aunt.

Summer, Michael, Emma and Abby,
ReplyDeleteWe love you and would not have missed your special day. We were so happy to have been able to share it with you.
We are so glad that you made it up to the camping trip and loved having Emma come up for an additional visit. It was fun watching her play with the cousins. (I have some pictures to share with you) I am pretty sure we will be going back to Donner Lake next year and in the future. It seems to work out well for everyone.
We love you and hope to see you soon.
Love, Aunt Sandy