7.31.2009

Emma is a funny monkey

  • When we first brought Abigail home from the hospital, Emma was really curious about the whole nursing process. She asked a little about it and when I explained that this was how the baby gets her food, she excitedly declared, "Like a cow!!"
  • Emma was bothering me about something that I had already told her, "No," about, and when I finally yelled, "NO!" at her for the last time, she replied, "Fine, snippy!" I looked at her for a minute, stifling a laugh, and said, "Excuse me? Did you just call me 'Snippy?' That is not okay to say that to mommy." She immediately replied, "But daddy calls you snippy."
  • Emma had an enormous splinter deep in the bottom of her foot and we spent a while last night trying to get it out, amid crying and screaming and writhing in pain from Emma. Michael felt so bad about it that he offered to get her a McDonald's Happy Meal for dinner. He went in to her and asked if she wanted chicken nuggets and chocolate milk for dinner, and she asked where it would come from. When he told her McDonald's, she looked at him and said, "I was waiting for that."





No comments:

Post a Comment